Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Not Napping Today! Guest Blog Post

Sometimes moms of two-year-olds just have to laugh!  My friend wrote this letter to her 2 yr old toddler and I am sharing it with you today. 

Dear Catherine,

It's very sad that you did not want to take a nap today - especially after suffering from the flu this week. I admit I was slightly entertained listening to the monitor until you somehow whacked your head. That happened right after the mysterious jackhammer sounds.

I ran, tripping on two dachshunds, to your rescue (as any loving mother would).  After many hugs, kisses, and a few books, I thought you'd sleep - either from a concussion or fatigue. No luck.

After the final bout of high-pitched screams, now 1 1/2 hours into your so-called nap, I was surprised with your choice of entertainment as I entered the room a second time.  By tossing every single blanket and stuffed animal from your bed, I'm guessing you were thinking that you would like to be the first female replacement for Brady on the Patriots.  Some of your throws were so far that I thought you were trying for your own version of a Hail Mary pass.  Impressive indeed. 

Your throwing skills aside, I'm most impressed with your ability to remove your clothes and DRY diaper so that you could pee standing up all over the side of your crib aiming every so slightly left and then right so that you could pee between the slats of your crib making the hot urine contaminate the stuffed animals and linens you threw to the floor.  HOT?  Yes.  I believe that is the exact word you used to describe the pee, making me realize I ran upstairs only moments too late for the pee party.

I'm sure our adventures would have continued had Baby T not started screaming from her own crib, bringing our fun in your bedroom to an end.

But WAIT!  Since I couldn't take the time to wipe the urine off of you in your room, I thought it best to take you to T's room to wipe you down.  I never realized that you had grown quite fond of me taking your temperature all week.  I was  further impressed with your ability to lube up the thermometer that was sitting next to T's changing pad and attempt to take your own temperature where the sun doesn't shine - just like mommy does. This time your aim wasn't the best.  I hope you did not cause any internal damage in the moments it took me to grab a screaming Theresa from her crib. 

I suppose we can try for another nap this afternoon.  On second thought, maybe we'll just skip it.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I'll have to send her a private message. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete