I wanted to win the lottery, but that didn't work out. Something about having to buy a ticket first. Details!
Since that didn't pan out, I'm trying to win a contest that will give us two free tickets to Disneyland. Wouldn't it be fun to take someone along who never gets to go? Or go on a weekend when we are always blocked out? I think so! I entered to win a 2 day ticket worth $99. Wish me luck!
I had some trouble understanding the rules though. It says to identify the 5 new features, which are written on signs next to Mickey Mouse. There are five of them. But did I do that? Nooooo... I thought it said to identify everything. There are 99 tiny video snippets and I was trying to name the characters, rides, exact locations of the photos... it was hard but I had 3/4ths of it!
And then I reread the rules, just to make sure I was identifying each of the 99 things in the right way. That's when I figured out I didn't need to identify all 99 clips. Oh Lordy. How embarrassing! I quickly deleted everything except for hat it said on the 5 Mickey Mouse signs and hit send.
The contest lasted for 90 minutes, ending at 6:30 and I sent my entry in at 6:20. The first 99 correct responses win. I have a Fat chance. Actually, not a fat chance, pretty slim. But, hey, if they offer a bonus for identifying all 99 scenes, I might throw my hat in the ring for it! I only have a few I couldn't place (which is odd because I can't take the little kids on most of the rides).
It was fun anyway. I had a whole hour of fun with the Disney quiz. Since it was fun, I challenge you to do it too! No fair cheating either! Well, ok, some cheating, just don't overdo it.
You can find the contest rules and the video here:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/01/so-cal-residents-enter-the-2-day-ticket-for-99-contest/
I wish you luck with winning the tickets. If we get an invitation to Sharon's wedding reception maybe you could take me. I'm willing.
ReplyDeleteGood luck. One of the lottery ticket winners is from Idaho. Need to call Robert. I have won a few prizes in some contests. I personally think you shoud get extra consideration for the 99.
ReplyDeleteUpdate: I didn't win. Darn.
ReplyDelete