Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm finally ready for Christmas! Almost.

It's the end of January already? How did that happen?

I have my Christmas cards half done now and I just ordered a Christmas gift. Guess it could be a birthday gift. No, that was a few weeks ago for the little recipient... Valentine gift?

Have you ever made a photo book?  I thought it would be quick and easy, but it's really not like that.  The layouts are all premade, but then they gave me options to change them.  I did, over and over again.  The book only has 20 pages unless I pay for more but I figured if I added one or two more pages, I would decide to just add one or two more and so on.  I decided not to tempt myself and just stuck to the minimum number of pages. I didn't need to go broke making a photo book!

There really weren't enough spots on each page for the multitude of photos I have.  So many adorable pictures and only one, two or three photos per page.  On the last page of the book, I chose a layout that looks like a checkerboard of photos.  I can't wait to see it all printed and bound in my hands!

Luckily, I thought about myself when I ordered the photo book. It is just too cute to give away, so I ordered two!

The photo book is for a little girl who just turned two years old. I'm sure she will appreciate all the thought that went into the picking and choosing of the photos.  She is my toddler's best little baby buddy.  It was decided before they were born that they would be best little buddies and have lots of playtime together. And, that's exactly how it was. The girls really did bond and form a loving friendship even though they are so little. Libby's little friend moved away recently and though the girls don't know how far apart they are geographically, they do know that they miss playing together.  So I thought the photo book would be nice for both girls, pictures of them together.


I can't believe it took me two months to put the photo book together.  But, it did.  First I had to go through two years worth of photos on my computer and select all of the possible pictures that I might use.  After building a photo folder of copied pictures, I had to sort and select the ones I wanted. Still had way too many.  Then I needed to arrange them in the book.  Some were too big, some too small, a few off centered, some needed a bit of color correction... there was just a lot of tiny touches to be done on photoshop.  I arranged the photos, changed my mind and started over again a hundred times or more. I had 55 photo spaces to fill with two years worth of total cuteness.

My intention was to get this done in one sitting and order it as a Christmas gift.  Then I decided maybe it should be a birthday gift for a January birthday.  Now, it will be a Valentine. (I hope). I was able to include a few pictures that have never been seen yet!  I think the girls will enjoy those pictures the most.  I'm very excited to see the end result!

Now, to finish those Christmas cards and get them in the mail.  February is still included in "the Christmas season", isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. I too ordered a photo book. It is for a birthday gift and I had fun picking out the photos and getting them just right. Is that Libby's friend Kaelyn? Where did they move to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is Libby and Kaelyn. They moved to Washington. What did you do for a photo book? All about your bike rides?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Less than 24 hours later, My order is done and ready to be shipped! That's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet sweet idea. I love it - and I know she will, too. It's always so sad when friends move away, but this is a great way to keep the connection.

    And the cards? Eh, whatever. Send 'em - people will at least remember yours ;)

    ReplyDelete