7 Diaperless Day and doing Doing GREAT!
Last Wednesday evening, we were all sitting at the dining room table doing puzzles and Libby hopped down off of her chair and said "I gotta go potty!" Her pink potty was in the living room and she yanked off her jammies and her pull-up (aka diaper, those aren't fooling anybody!) and peed on her pink potty! Ever since that moment, she's been "potty trained"!
Today, Libby told me "diapers are for babies". She's doing so wonderfully! We've been on several outings without diapers too.
This isn't to say we've not had any accidents, but for the most part she is doing really well! She hasn't figured out pooping yet. I am praying she does that soon. I'm sneaking a diaper on her after she falls asleep at night and she takes it off first thing in the morning. It's wet though so I'm not ready to give that up just yet. Especially because she sleeps with me!
She refuses to go on the white Baby Bjorn potty that we have at home. I have been carrying the little Ikea pink potty around with me everywhere, up and down the stairs, in the van, in the stroller basket, etc. Also carting around a bag full of panties, leggings, dresses, socks, shoes, and baby wipes.
I went to Ikea to buy more pink potty chairs, but that didn't work out as planned. She is partial to pink. Ikea now has green and red potties. What were they thinking!!! The green is the ugliest color of green too. Uggghhhhh. After I stifled my mini-meltdown in front of the potty display, I got one of each and hoped they would catch pee as good as a pink one. Turns out, they both work fine. Right after we paid for the potties I took her to the restroom in the store and placed them on the floor. She planted herself on the green potty and went! The green one came into the house and became the upstairs potty chair. The red one stayed in the van and became the picnic potty. She used that one at the park. Today she went potty on the tiny baby flush toilet at the mall in the family bathroom. That little toilet is just the cutest! Wish we had a tiny flush toilet in the house, wouldn't that be nice?
Now that she is wearing panties, her pants don't fit. Her jeans sag like a wanna-be toddler gangster. Not cool. So, we are sticking with dresses and leggins. I had to stock up on tiny panties and the smallest I can find are 2T. They are a little large on her but after I wash and dry them, they shrink to the right size.
I find it just amazing that she just decided to be potty trained and that was that. I'm really happy about it though! Goodbye, Diapers!
Sort of like her mother isn't she? When her mother turned 4 she decided she was too big to wet her pants anymore. And she never did. That wasn't potty training however. That was just plain stubborness. You were potty trained, you just didn't always want to be bothered going into the house to the bathroom, so you'd just go wherever and come in and change out of the wet ones.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Libby!!! What are you going to do with all the money you save from not buying diapers. Oops, forgot, you will be buying diapers for your grandbabies.
ReplyDelete