Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wax on, Wax off, repeat

I confess.  Six months ago I was out of my mind. Why did I get braces? 

On my last visit, the orthodontist suggested that 4 teeth come out.  So, he clipped my wires so that they are only on my front teeth and my doomed teeth were set free.  Did you catch that bit about the wire being snipped? 

I have sharp pointy wire ends poking me!  One side broke free of the rubber band and is now sticking out farther than the other three pokey ends.  This is uncomfortable to say the least. 

It popped off the bracket on Friday. Saturday I was too busy to deal with it. Guess what, the office is closed until Wednesday. I've been being stabbed in the face for five days now and I'm growing unhappy with the whole poking business.

I have some dental wax to paste over it, but every time I eat the wax falls off.  I think I've swallowed an entire candle by now. Ewww. I really don't like the feeling of the wax in the first place, it's kinda yucky, but at least it isn't poking me.  Now, if I could just quit losing my blob of wax!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't that office have an emergency number. Wires poking your face sounds emergency to me. Won't do to have holes in your cheeks. Maybe you can get face piercings after the wires fall out to fill up the holes the orthodontist caused. Sounds like the pits.

    ReplyDelete