I was driving all alone in my mini-van the other day, absent mindedly singing along to the Disney princess song collection that always plays in the cd player, when I saw a great big pit bull standing in the road. He was just standing there holding his ground, right there in the lane. He didn't look like he was on the warpath, but he didn't look like he was going to move just because cars were honking at him. Let's face it, this breed isn't exactly known for being warm and fuzzy.
I kind of looked around and didn't see anyone that looked as if they were looking for a dog. He was near the dog park, so who knows. He wasn't wearing a collar which is odd, especially at the dog park. I saw him wander out of the road and head toward a neighborhood of houses. It was a long red light so I had time to do all of this wondering.
The light turned green and I went on my way thinking, "someone should call the dog catcher". I quickly decided that someone had to be me because a lady with a stroller was walking in the direction of the stray unleashed pit bull! I happen to have the Police Non-Emergency phone number in my cell phone so I hit that number and reported the dog. The dispatcher said she would send Animal Control to the area and see if they could find him. Ok, good enough. I kept going.
On my way home again, about a half an hour later, I made sure to go the same way just to see if I could spot that dog or a police car or something. Sure enough, the Animal Control van was parked right where I had seen the dog earlier and the dog catcher was holding out one hand, maybe offering a treat, and had a looped leash in his other hand. Luckily, I hit the light on red so I could watch the action!
The dog catcher must be a pro. He bribed, treated and lassoed the dog all in one swoop. Then he walked him to the van and put him in. Stray Pit Bull off the streets! Yes! I felt so good watching the dog get caught. And of course, right up the street walking toward the spot where the dog had just been was a family with a little dog, a stroller and a small child. I am so very glad I called and reported that dog!
It's so sad how people just let their dogs walked the street,and not all pit bulls are bad.I happened to have known 1 pit bull that was as sweet as could be.There are always good dogs and bad dogs.Just can never take a chance on the dog being good or bad.I've been attack by dogs before,but I know how to take them down grappling wise.So far have not received any bites,knocked on wood.lol
ReplyDeleteI disagree, surfer. In my opinion, ALL pit bulls are bad! I am glad he's off the streets and out of my neighborhood.
ReplyDelete