I'm so excited! NOT!
I went to the orthodontist today for my once a month tweek. And the dentist gave me some bad news. It's always weird when the dentist discusses my treatment with me while I'm laying down in the chair. They tip me back really far and I almost wonder if I'll slide off and land on my head. This is how I have serious conversations about my braces with my dentist.
He said that my teeth are stubborn. Well, that's no surprise. I'm stubborn all over.
Hovering over me, he went on to say that my teeth are just too crowded and they cannot find the space they need. He thought they might be able to line up in my jaw, but it's not happening like he'd hoped. Therefore (yes, he said "therefore" while he wore his bubble gum smelly gloves) I need to have four teeth extracted.
There it is. The word. Extracted. Extracted means grabbed with a claw-like pair of pliers, twisted and yanked out leaving a bloody hole. Four extractions. One in each quadrant so that my teeth are balanced and I don't end up with my front teeth off to the side. Here's the good news: they can do it today or anytime I'm ready! Oh, goody. That is so delightful.
Two of these teeth just got fillings six months ago. Why am I doing this again? I should be careful what I wish for, because just the other day I was wishing I could get my braces off. Now my wish is coming true. There will be four teeth getting the braces off! Ay, yiy, yih.
This ought to really help the hillbilly in me really shine through. Can you sense my excitement? Not yet, huh? Yeah, me neither.
* Dental extraction tools from WWI in a museum somewhere. I hoisted this pic from the internet. Thank you, Google Image search and people who allow their photos to be shown publicly. Hopefully my dentist has more modern equipment.

Ohhhh that does not sound like fun. I feel for you... can you at least get them to put you under for FOUR teeth being pulled? I'm a wimp and mentally can't do it. I had a SINGLE baby tooth pulled (because there was no permanent one to push it out) as a teen and made them put me under. It was best for everyone. Fingers and toes crossed for you!
ReplyDeleteIf I can have 10 teeth extracted at the same time, then you certainly can handle having only 4 teeth extracted. It really isn't that bad. I get to see my friendly dentist on the 5th.
ReplyDelete