If you read my blog, you must know I have small children and well.... poop happens. I'm not afraid to discuss it. Skip to another post if you don't want to read about it, but then again, you are taking your chances going that route because there are poop droppings in the middle of totally unrelated posts. (Did you catch that, heh heh, poop droppings! I crack myself up.)
I don't remember if I wrote about it or not, but my toddler has a preference for using the Ikea potty chair and no other. She will use the real one if we are out and about, but she would rather use one of her Ikea potties. She has three of them: pink one is downstairs, green one is upstairs, and red one is in the van. Her white Baby Bjorn potty has been rejected and sent out to the garage.
Since we've been potty training, Libby has decided she will no longer poop. She doesn't like to do it in the potty chair and she doesn't like it in her panties. She'd rather not, thank you very much. Retaining is her game. She just pooped on Sunday so I didn't expect another bowel movement from her until Thursday at least!
Ok, enough back-story; on with the post!
Yesterday, we went to Ikea for lunch. First, we dropped off my mom at the airport and then we picked up my oldest daughter who is 32 weeks pregnant. The kids were hungry and the 5 yr old was ready to play hard for a bit. I asked her if she wanted to go to Ikea and she jumped up and down squealing about the ball pit. Can't argue with enthusiasm like that!
After dropping Gracie off at Ikea's child center with the swimming pool sized ball pit and other fun toys, Katie and I took the little ones (Libby and Charlie) to the cafe for lunch. We sat in the "family friendly" corner where there are beads and twirly things mounted on the wall as well as a play kitchen and workbench. All Ikea products! Libby stood facing the wall and played with the beads. She was quiet and content, moving the big beads around on their peg-board path.
Just as we were finishing our leisurely lunch and our hour of of hyper-free 5 yr old time was nearing an end, another family came to the cafe's play area. One little boy came up behind Libby and she turned herself around, gave him the hand and said,
"No. I'm pooping".
Katie and I had to stifle hysterical laughter. Libby was so serious! Katie pointed me in the direction of the nearest restroom (pregnant woman always know where they are) and I took Libby and her poopy pants out of the play area.
Another reason for me to love Ikea! It's a great place to play and poop!
There is a girl who will tell you what it is and not afraid to say it.
ReplyDelete