Well, we hoped for
several years, then we planned loosely for a year or so, then we
Seriously planned in a very Hard-Core way for another fifteen months or
so-- including buying our own house back last summer from the people we
sold it to when we moved in 2003-- that was really pretty damn amazing
thing all by itself. That hard-core planning also involved a lot of
help and assistance from people in Pierre. But, sometimes just when
you're ready to swing on that final fast ball to get that "home"run, God
pitches you a curve ball that catches you off guard. Such is Life--
right?

So, what's up? A family problem prevents us from moving-- and family needs will always supersede.
I know this is disappointing to many people. I want to say thanks to the many, many family and friends in Pierre (and elsewhere in South Dakota) who have been looking forward to our return. I know I pumped you guys up with "We're Coming!!!"-- and I want to let all of you know that I firmly believe Pierre is still in our future. I just can not say for certain the means by which we will make that happen, or exactly when. I guess I need more batting practice hitting curve balls. ;)
For our California friends, I know this is "happy" news for you as you hear that we are definitely staying for the time being. Between the amazing group of caring people I work with out here, and the incredible friendships Mary has developed, we feel truly blessed. Thank you all for being supportive.
In the meantime, even though we are not moving this year... NO-- we are not selling our house in Pierre-- I remain that hopeful & resolute. On the other hand, we will be looking to rent it out soon. Do you know someone who would like to rent from us and take Wonderful care of our Wonderful house? I will be in Pierre taking care of some things at the house next week (~ Thursday, 5/30 to Tuesday, 6/4, and it would be great if I could get a renter set up during that time. Please send me a message if you know somebody!
Thanks people! :)
Keith, Mary, and the girls!

Our Pierre Home during our fun Winter Vacation last January. Yes. Pierre South Dakota can be Fun in January. :)
So, what's up? A family problem prevents us from moving-- and family needs will always supersede.
I know this is disappointing to many people. I want to say thanks to the many, many family and friends in Pierre (and elsewhere in South Dakota) who have been looking forward to our return. I know I pumped you guys up with "We're Coming!!!"-- and I want to let all of you know that I firmly believe Pierre is still in our future. I just can not say for certain the means by which we will make that happen, or exactly when. I guess I need more batting practice hitting curve balls. ;)
For our California friends, I know this is "happy" news for you as you hear that we are definitely staying for the time being. Between the amazing group of caring people I work with out here, and the incredible friendships Mary has developed, we feel truly blessed. Thank you all for being supportive.
In the meantime, even though we are not moving this year... NO-- we are not selling our house in Pierre-- I remain that hopeful & resolute. On the other hand, we will be looking to rent it out soon. Do you know someone who would like to rent from us and take Wonderful care of our Wonderful house? I will be in Pierre taking care of some things at the house next week (~ Thursday, 5/30 to Tuesday, 6/4, and it would be great if I could get a renter set up during that time. Please send me a message if you know somebody!
Thanks people! :)
Keith, Mary, and the girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment