I don't know who I'm going to vote for. No idea, and this is because I do not feel like either Romney nor Obama are the right guy for the job. I'm tempted to vote for Rosanne Barr.
1st Question was from Jeremy and he is asking the same thing I want to know: Are college graduates going to get good jobs after graduation? Romney was all positive and smiling, but didn't say anything concrete. Obama says he wants everyone to get a great education, and control energy so we can build more roads, bridges and schools. I'm not hearing anything about how they are going to create decent jobs. I graduated with a BS in 2009 and haven't once felt like there will be a job out there for me. I'm going to have to beg for employment and probably end up underemployed. College is more expensive and classes are harder to get into, kids are wasting a year or two of their adult lives just trying to accomplish that freshman year of college. And there aren't any jobs for graduates, very few anyway. I'm not seeing either one of these guys offering a resolution. I'm not going to build bridges with my Literature degree.
2nd question. Who is this guy and why is he mumbling? I have no idea what he asked. Obama is babbling about oil again. I just want to fill up at the gas tank and pay my winter heat bill without declaring bankruptcy. Holy cow it's expensive! Romney, what's he saying? North Dakota? What? Oh, now he wants to be energy independent in 8 years. And he's talking about a pipeline, creating jobs. I think he thinks middle class America are all construction workers. Obama is talking again, with his back to the camera, and poking holes in Romney's love of coal. haha. And he's touting that America's energy production is up and cars are more efficient. Guess he doesn't know that I'm paying more for gas in the same vehicle I owned when he was elected.
Libby needs a crayon. Obama and Romney, discuss without me for a minute.
Question #3. I think. Mary someone. What's she saying? Education credits? I missed most of her question because I am trying to admire Libby's drawing. Romney says part one is that he knows expenses are up. Oh good, he does know what's going on in America. Good. Middle income people are going to get a tax break? Lovely. No tax on your savings. Whoopdy doo. People are living month to month, great, just when I thought he had a grasp on how America is living, he lets me know that he doesn't. People aren't saving, they aren't making any money on their interest that they are getting on the little they can save. Really?
My kids are now fighting over a piece of paper. Gotta referee!
Obama is saying the economy is going to grow with the tax credits he gives for sending your kid to college. Hey, buddy, people can't afford to send their kids to college. Not when we can barely afford to fill our gas tanks and it is taking a college freshman 4 semesters to get into 12 credits worth of classes. Nothing helpful here.
Jackwagons! Tell me something that will put a smile on my face and give me some hope!
Obama, "The math doesn't add up". Yeah, I agree. And that goes for both of you. Once again, I'm distracted by my loud children. Yes, Gracie, do your math! And make sure it adds up correctly!
Next Question from Katherine. Why on earth can't I ever hear a question? My husband just walked by and I missed the question. The kids are arguing again. One of them doesn't want to do her homework, she'd much rather pester her sister.
Obama says, and this is completely out of context since I'm only half paying attention, "cut out the middle man". Oh, man, that's what Walt is doing in Breaking Bad. Keith and I have been watching an episode or two every night. We're totally addicted! (catch that pun? heh heh).
Oh, yeah, debate... Romney is talking. He says he needs family friendly employers who will be anxious to hire women. And his flex time will allow women to run home from work to make dinner on time! HAHAHAHAHAAAA! Oh, this guy cracks me up!
Had to take a short break and wipe a butt. My 4 yr old just peed on her shoe this is a major crisis! No worries, I am the mom and I know exactly what to do to make it right. Bet Romney and Obama would both be stumped.
I also had to explain the proper use of a comma to my 1st grader. Fish eat spiders, worms, and flies. Yes, that is a correct use of commas. Ducks, geese, and squirrels, also visit ponds. Incorrect. I think there are college graduates who could not decide if these sentences are correct or not.
Where are we with this debate now?
Romney is saying if we elect Obama we are going to get a repeat of the last four years. Well, that is true. And the last four years have been harsh economically.
Oh, immigration talk. I missed more of the comments in the debate because we were discussing more proper uses of the comma. This is about as devoted to tv as I can get.
Back to the tv, "We can fix this system". No clue what he is talking about, not that it matters, there are so many systems that need fixing!
Still on immigration. My kid needs to get her homework done, and I'm keeping her on task. I still don't know who I'm going to vote for.
I've declared that the kid is done with her homework. I just checked facebook and one of my friends wrote, "
Are they talking about education? or guns? I'm lost. I think I'm going to give up and vote for Roseanne Barr. That's it. She wins my vote.
I didn't watch the debate, was teaching class. Gary watched it and called it a draw said it was good in places. We have already voted.
ReplyDeleteI thoroughly enjoyed this! Romney sat and looked one of my students in the eye and lied. Or he lied during the debate. Good thing Obama is such a Truthy McTrutherson. Hahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteI live in TX so I could vote for Roseanne Barr and change exactly zero about the results here. Mainly I go vote for local offices--judges and sheriff and such. It all makes my head hurt.