Tonight was my husband's holiday party for work. He said the teachers haven't been very festive or jolly lately, so he wasn't sure the party would be well attended, or if it would be fun. Might be a bunch of crabby teachers venting and letting off steam. Well, gee... that sounds like so much fun. (note my heavy sarcasm)
I took the kids to an indoor playground place for a couple of hours to bring them down to a more manageable energy level then I fed them Happy Meals and took them to a babysitter. Actually, she's a mom and has a houseful of children, so it was very fun for them.
My husband called and wanted me to come to the party "just for an hour". I was originally planning to go, but I wasn't really feeling compelled to drive in the rain for it. Lucky for me, it was raining causing horrible traffic jams and accidents everywhere which gave me a great excuse not to drive 30 miles to a party for only an hour. I had a much better idea!
First, I took my daughter Lexie out to eat. We ate at Wings & Things. She likes wings, and I like things. I had fried zucchini sticks. Yum, very good! Then I took her to work and I drove to the winery just outside of town. I did a wine tasting and purchased 5 bottles of very nice wine! Merry Christmas, Me!
Then I went home and met Keith there. He had put in his appearance at the party and came home so he and I could go out to dinner. Just us. He said the party was actually fun and everyone was great. Hmm, guess they were saving up their holiday cheer for the holiday party! But, I'm glad I didn't drive up there in the rain anyway. I am glad the teachers had fun, what a good kickoff to their 3 weeks off for the Christmas break.
We went to Barley and Hops and Keith had a red IPA beer and I had a Belgian Wit. We ordered dinner too and it was amazing! So delicious! Best part was, we were the only people in the place so we had a nice conversation with each other. It was really nice!
Then we went to pick up the kids and they were super happy to see us both. They had a great time, played and played. I had a wrapped gift for my friend; I figured she wouldn't let me pay her for babysitting even though I offered. She's so nice! So I had Gracie slip the gift under their tree. I think she'll like it!
It was a great night! Even though I played hookie from the party, I had a wonderful time. Out with Lexie, wine tasting, and out with Keith. Amazing!
What a wonderful evening!!!!! So glad you enjoyed it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like playing hookie worked out for you and you didn't even get in trouble.
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful! And I hear you about teacher gatherings--I'm one and very early on Ryan and I decided that he very, very rarely needed to attend any. :)
ReplyDelete