Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dollywood Potatoes



We call this dish "Dollywood Potatoes" because it is similar to something we had at that park back in 2000.  This is easy to make and  yummy!

Even though we use potatoes grown in Idaho and venison sausage (sometimes) from South Dakota, it feels like a southern comfort kind of food! I'm not from the south, but my dad used to fry up potatoes like this and he was from the south.  He called them "cottage fries" but that's when he just fried up the taters.  I think he made this dish too, but I don't recall.  If he did, I bet he had a different name for it.  I also cannot remember what this dish is called in Dollywood, so I refer to it as Dollywood Potatoes and I hope Dolly Parton doesn't mind.

Use a frying pan, electric griddle, or a wok.
Sprinkle with Olive Oil and fry the following ingredients

Chopped up into large bite size pieces:
potatoes with skins on
onions
bell peppers of various colors
fry sausage or brats
corn
pepper
Mrs. Dash

Fry and stir and add olive oil if you think it's drying out too much.  If you are in a hurry, you can microwave the potatoes to get them started and start frying them half-baked and hot.

This doesn't take long to prep or to cook.  Plus, it's a one pot dish! Love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment