So far, every preschool art project that my daughter has brought home so far this year has been wonderfully done. Perfect cutting, painting, gluing - amazing technique for a four year old. But, my four yr old isn't taking credit for her teacher's artwork; she always tells me that Miss Teri made it.
I'd rather she bring something home that she made herself. Apparently, that's not going to happen. I've been letting is slide but I was really hoping that by this time in the school year she would be learning how to cut, glue, paint and draw on her own. These are skills she will need in Kindergarten and beyond.
Here is the ornament the teacher made. According to Gracie, "Miss Teri painted my hand and helped me put my hand on the ornament. Then Miss Teri painted the snowmen and put sparkly ribbons inside and wrote my name". Hmm.
Wonder if the teacher really thinks I think my daughter made this!
Not that I don't appreciate the lovely crafts Miss Teri has made for me, but I am dying to hang a glitter covered wad of colored paper and glue kid-made ornament on my tree! I've decided it's time to get crafty at home. Now.... what to do? Any ideas?
Miss Teri must be very busy making all the arts & crafts for the kids, when does she have time to teach.
ReplyDeleteI agree! Miss Teri must be working her fingers to the bone doing all of these crafts.
ReplyDeleteI get you about a real kid-made ornament. My mom let me have the ones I made as a kid and it's just too fun. Messy, but fabulous.