Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mommy Meet Up


Almost 8 years ago, September 2005 to be precise, I went online to dig for information about pregnancy. I had just turned 40 and just found out a baby was on the way! Since my last baby was in another time and another place, I decided to see if I could read about prenatal tests and whatnot.

I found lots of information! Having babies in the digital age is fascinating! But the best thing I found was a forum. Real people discussing real pregnancies and real life.

And that's where I found my friends. My online mommy friends. Right there on the computer screen all those years ago! We went from the support group forum to our own forum to a facebook group. Over the years, we've really gotten to know one another. And we've learned a lot about each other's lives in various parts of the country. We "know" each other. It's weird, but I truly feel a bond with these women that I've never met. The friendships are genuine.

Thankfully, they all seem to feel the same way!

I've actually met quite a few of them in real life, but one at a time. They are all so nice and have such beautiful families. With this group of women, I have been excited each time I've met one of them and each meeting went very well. My kids have played with their kids. It's amazing that I found this great group of people!

Scattered as we are, there happens to be a fairly good size group of us in Southern California. Finally, we decided to all get together at once. Only a couple of the moms couldn't make it.

One of the moms offered up her house as the party place.  It was great! There were six of us that attended, and 16 kids! It was really nice to meet everyone and see these real people without a computer screen between us.

The kids all played together as if they knew each other all along.  They ranged in age from 10 years old to 1 year old. All of them looked like they were having fun and meeting new friends.

It was really fun. I'm so glad to call these mommies my friends! And now we are no longer online friends, we are real friends. That just warms my little heart!


1 comment:

  1. It's always fun to get together with great friends. That's how we are with our biker group.

    ReplyDelete