Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stitches, more stitches, and no sewing

Finally, a blog post that isn't about something I'm sewing, rather, I've been sewn. Sandy and I both have stitches.

The dog had a gigantic tumor on her hip and it kept growing. It was outa control!  Poor dog looked like she had a football in her pocket. So, the vet removed the tumor and the dog had a very large incision with some of the ugliest stitches ever. After a week, we took her cone of shame off and she was free to scratch her ears again.

Taking the cone off only seemed like a good idea. Sandy thought it would also be a good idea to remove the stitches too. She bit them off and it was nasty! Back into surgery she went to trim up the incision and get stitched back up. She's back in the cone!

The very next day... I cut my finger. I was helping my daughter load some things into her car and I reached to open her car door and the handle of it was broken a little bit. Slice! I cut my middle finger pretty good. Ended up with 5 stitches and a tetnus shot. I'm so talented.

The dog and I are clumsily trying to get through the day without hurting ourselves even worse, or getting the cone stuck between chairs. I'm trying to type and start a new sewing project while flipping the bird , er, holding up my sore bandaged finger.

For your viewing pleasure, there are no photos.

1 comment:

  1. I admit, I LOLed when reading this, but only because it reminds me of a day in my life! Hope you and Sandy both heal quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete