Thursday, February 28, 2013

Skipping With Merida

Yesterday, I took Libby to Disneyland all by herself. Each of the girls wanted an "alone day". Gracie's day was last week and now it was Libby's turn. 

Libby had her list of things she wanted to do, which changed over the course of the day.

The most important things on her list were to see the parade and go to the chocolate shop. First thing we did when we arrived was to go to the chocolate shop! She marched right in and announced, "I am a chocolate girl!"
She wanted to ride Ariel, the train, Small World, Dumbo and the carrousel. Small World is still closed and she forgot about Dumbo and the carrousel once we got there. We rode the train, Ariel, Alice in Wonderland and a Main Street horse-drawn wagon.
One thing on her list was to visit Winnnie The Pooh. She changed her mind later about seeing him though, so we never did. But, she did see the other characters on her list for the day: Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Tinkerbell and Merida, the Scottish Princess from the movie Brave.

When she met Merida, she had a really great visit. Merida spent extra time with her. It seemed like Merida enjoyed meeting Libby just as much as Libby enjoyed meeting Merida! Now, that's a good Disney character!

Merida asked Libby if she was going to meet anyone else and Libby said she will go visit Winnie the Pooh. Merida thought maybe Winnie was short for Winifred the Pooh, and they discussed this a bit. Libby also told her that she likes her blue wedding dress more than her green riding dress. Merida took that opportunity to play up the 'I'm not getting married" bit, which made Libby giggle endlessly. They had a great visit!

When they were finally finished bonding, Merida said to me, "Mom, come back in 45 minutes and just come to the backside of this area and she can walk with me when I take my break." I said ok, but I wasn't sure if we could scoot all the way across Disneyland to meet Winnie the Pooh and get back in time to walk with Merida. I was pretty sure Libby didn't catch that tidbit anyway so I decided not to worry about it. Eh, another little girl could walk with her.

Libby skipped to me and said she had fun with Merida, but she was hungry now. Could we get some food? The nearest place to eat was in Toon Town, so we headed there. Libby wanted to meet Minnie Mouse anyway. We went to Toon Town and Libby had a hotdog from Pluto's Dog House and I got a salad at Clarabelle's. When we finished eating I looked at the time and it was almost Merida's break time. Hmm, might as well go back and let Libby walk with her.

I am so glad I backtracked and we went back to walk with Merida. She recognized Libby right off and it turned out to be a really wonderful experience. No worries, we returned to Toon Town to visit Minnie Mouse caught up with Goofy too. But no character had as much magic as Merida did! I wasn't sure how much I could get on video before either my battery died or my memory card filled up, so I ran the video and just let it roll assuming it would die but I would get all I could of their walk. I ended up getting a great video! Here is Libby's walk with Merida:



1 comment:

  1. I too am a chocolate girl, love it. Will have to watch the video on another computer, doesn't load on this particular one.

    ReplyDelete