Sunday, February 17, 2013

Another Fun Crazy Week!

Why do I call myself a Stay-At-Home-Mom? I've done everything except stay home lately!

I need to blog about each of these adventure filled days individually, but with one adventure on top of the next (and laptops that are falling apart) it's hard to get much blogging done. Trust me when I say: any free time is devoted to groaning about my aches from the day, sleeping, or wishing I was alseep. 

Monday, I took the kids to Disneyland. Our first trip for February and our 4th trip in 2013. I lost track of how many times I've taken the kids since we started going, but according to Gracie we've been there "a thousand times!". Actually, I think it's more like 30 to 35 or so.  Each and every time is exciting and fun. Monday was extra fun because we were able to see the  Chinese New Year celebration and the Mardi Gras celebration. Both of these are special events and I'm surprised that we got to see both. We also randomly ran into a friend and her little girl while we were there so we had fun sticking together for the rest of the day. It was a great day!


Tuesday, we went to San Diego to celebrate Katie's 24th birthday a day early with her. We went to her house and the kids played with Henry while Katie rested on the couch and I cleaned up her kitchen. I brought her a sack of groceries, a cheesecake, and a bouquet of flowers. She was pretty happy! After the dishes were done (Lordy, that girl had a ton of dirty dishes!) we went to Balboa Park for a nice walk and we toured the Model Railroad Museum. Did I take my camera? No. Whoops! After tearing the kids away from the train museum, we went out to eat Mexican. It was delicious! Katie got a special birthday treat for desert. The kids were really excited to help her eat it.

Wednesday was the science fair. Gracie worked hard on her project and I was wondering if I over-helped, but once we got to the science fair I could see that I easily stepped back enough. In fact, one science experiment was totally a mom-done job. The mom stood by her science project beaming like one of the kids. I have no idea where her kid was, but this mom was pretty happy with herself. She did a fingernail polish "experiment". Whatever, it was straight off of pinterest. Gracie actually did her own science experiment!  She learned a lot too. Gracie put white carnations in colored water and watched the color go up into the pedals. She made a diagram of a flower and labeled all the parts and read all about how plants and flowers absorb water and nutrients. We turned this into a real learning opportunity and she loved it. Hands-on learning is her favorite way to study.


Wednesday was also Katie's real birthday. We didn't celebrate it though because we did on Tuesday. We just thought of her and hoped she was having a great day.

It was also Dress like a princess day in Libby's Ballet class. Libby chose to dress like Jasmine, which is a costume she never chooses to wear so it surprised me but it was great for class. The only problem was that I forced her to wear a shirt under it. Gosh, I'm such a mean mom!


Thursday was Valentines' Day and run a bunch of errands day. Gracie and Libby had their valentine cards all ready to pass to friends.  Gracie took hers to school for their afternoon "Friendship party". For a no-sugar school, she sure came home with a lot of candy! Libby delivered a few valentines to her friends and was satisfied with that.  We went to the post office, Redbox, bank, Walmart, Vet, and delivered valentines. It was a crazy day of errands but we got a lot done! Since Daddy was teaching in the evening, the girls and I had a movie night. We watched Hotel Transylvania. It was a cute movie. It had a love storyline in it, so it was sort of Valentiney, but mostly Halloweeny.

Friday,  Libby went to spend the day with friends while I took Gracie to Disneyland. Just a Gracie and Mom day! I thought it was much needed, but starting the day off tired from the crazy busy fun week called for some extra coffee. Libby ended up staying at the sitter for 12 hours! Whoops! Gracie and I just had too much fun I guess. But, I had to run errands before we left again. We went to the post office, Walmart (serioulsy, I just did this yesterday too), Sams Club for gas, and returned a movie in the Redbox.


Saturday was clean the garage day. I cleaned out all of my stuff that was everywhere and in my husband's way. Took me about 5 minutes to move the three or four items that weren't his. The garage is still a complete mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment