Anyway....
Libby decided she was not going to go potty at Disneyland. Not at all, not all day. Nope. Not happening.
I don't know how these kids hold it for so long. I drag them into the bathroom every couple of hours because I have to go! Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if my bladder is full, I cannot go into a restroom and ignore the impulse. My children can.
After several trips to various bathrooms, Libby still refused to go potty. I'm baffled, but what can you do. You can put a kid on the pot, but you can't make her pee.
She isn't a fan of public potties because so many of them have the automatic flusher. Those darn things just flush whenever they want to and it scares the poor kid to pieces! She's figured out that if she doesn't go, that solves that problem. Logical.
Just after sunset, Gracie wanted to ride the one ride in Disneyland with a long line. The wait time was 50 minutes and I told the kids everyone has to go potty before we invest that much time standing in line, including Libby! Plus, we had been there for 6 hours already. She must have to go by now!
I had to give her the ultimatum, "Go potty or we're not going on the ride, we'll just go home." She responded with, "Let's go home. I will go potty at home." Rats. That wasn't the desired response at all. I tried again, "Go potty. I'll protect you from the flusher." She says, "Ok. I'll try." Whew! Got her up on the toilet and she must have released a gallon, but she wouldn't get up.
"I'm gonna do a poop." Oh no. I wanted this to be quick. Well, hurry up for goodness sake! "Mom, this might take a while." She sat there forever!
Gracie was done and had her hands washed and was ready to go. But, I was still in the stall with Libby and I was starting to really get worried about having my 6 yr old unsupervised in the restroom. It was fine when she was in the next stall, but now she's running free. Panic was starting to set in, so I kept peeking out of the stall.
Libby was just taking her time. "I can't hurry. I'm pooping!" Suddenly, my quiet child becomes loud with her updates. "It's coming out. Mom! It's coming out!" "Shhhhh!"
"Libby, are you done yet?" "No. It's half out. I'm telling the kids to push." Oh, yes, "the kids". She thinks there are little kids in her body that push and pull and move things around in her body; they take care of all the internal operations.
Gracie is twirling around in the middle of the bathroom and people are looking at her like, "Where on earth is this child's mother." Well, whatever, she's fine. "Libby, are you done yet?" The kid who doesn't have to go potty all day long and then takes forever says, "Almost".
Oh, Libby. We've been in this stall for a good long 20 minutes! Then my loud pooper exclaims, "Did you hear my poop splash?" Good! She's done! "I think I have another poop" Nooooooo! She's sitting there just a grunting and a groaning trying to help the kids push out another one. Oh dear. I want outa here so bad!
"Libby, you done yet?" "No." "How about if you save the rest for when we get home?" "Ok." Yay! I got her cleaned up and put back together, or rather, she did, because she is independent like that and then we left that stall! The auto flusher didn't work and I had to press the button so that was nice that it didn't traumatize her.
She decided to only wash one hand, and by then I just wanted to get out of there so I chose not to fight that battle. Potty success! The child finally went potty, didn't have an accident and wasn't frightened by the auto-flush! It doesn't get much better than that! Disney potty magic!
I really could have done without the extra slow pooping though, and the grunting and groaning, and the loud graphic updates.
I had an incident like that with Robert & Jason a long time ago. I was so embarrassed that we stayed in the stall until everyone had left the restroom.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Libby, I hate those auto flush toilets too.
ReplyDelete