Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Favorite Things

Oprah has her favorite things, well, so do I.  And after my last blog post about things I don't have but I wish I had, I need to balance things out by showing some appreciation for the many wonderful things I already have. I am pretty spoiled.

The tippy top of my favorite things list is, of course, my family. That goes without saying; they are just the best!  But, they are not "things" so they don't really make the list. They're over and above it.

1. Rug Doctor.  This thing is my best friend in messy times! And with a houseful of kids and a dog, there are plenty of messy times.

2. Electric pan. It's amazing. How did I live without this thing for so long?

3. My remote control van doors. Presently, one doesn't work which makes me appreciate them even more.

4. Coffee.  No explanation needed.

5. My Nike cushiony flip flops. I wear them every single day.

6. My laptop. It's my connection to the world and to myself. I'd probably go insane if I didn't have an outlet.

7. My sewing machines. I love them!

8. Dawn dishwashing liquid. Yeah, I'm really saying that.

9. My washer and dryer. They make my life easier.

10.  The portable dvd player.  Long road trips would suck without this thing.
 


11. My books. I have gads of books, most of them I haven't read yet. But, I love them. I always want more books and I instantly love any book that comes into my possession. I hate getting rid of them, but I don't mind sharing.  I wish I had more time for reading, but I need big fat chunks of uninterrupted time so that I can just keep turning pages and that kind of time is hard to come by right now.

12. My china. I haven't even seen it in years, but I love it. It is all packed away snug and tight and safe under my stairs right now. It's beautiful. The china is a huge set of dishes that were a wedding gift to my Great Grandmother circa 1900. My grandma handed it all down to me.

13. My Fun Passes.  I love going out and about and having fun! I have passes to the SD Zoo and Safari Park, Science Center in Balboa Park, Sea World and Universal Studios. I no longer have a pass to Disneyland; I miss it very much but we had passes for three years and it was fantastic! I love having tickets to fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment