Sunday, February 5, 2012

High Fiving Myself!

I fixed my mini-van! ALL BY MYSELF!!!  Woot!

Wonder when my husband will notice? I'm not going to tell him, I'll just wait it out. Back in November, my left tail light went out. I haven't had a rear left blinker since! Santa put new bulbs in my Christmas stocking and Keith said he would change them.

In fact, my husband said he would fix my blinker at least once a week since November. It is February now, and I no longer believe him. I told him I was going to do it myself and he laughed.

I figured this repair was complicated. After all, my husband hasn't had time to devote to the project in months (and he had a 2.5 week break over the holidays from work).  Curiosity got the best of me though, and I googled. The first thing that came up was a youtube video.



I watched it once, ran to the garage and got the tools and scurried out to the driveway.

Ten seconds later (give or take) I came back in the house rejoicing and high fiving myself! I did it! And it barely took any time at all. I can't believe it was so easy. My husband was home, but in his "man room" so he has no idea.

My tail light works again! My blinker works too! I fixed my van! 


4 comments:

  1. YEAH! Although now he's never going to fix anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!!! I tried to fix my oven by myself, but needed a star wrench and that got the hubby helping.

    ReplyDelete