Monday, January 2, 2012
I'll miss you, Disneyland
Guess how much I love Disneyland? Guess bigger! More! You've almost got it! But, we must part. I am sad to say our Disneyland days are done for a while. There's still hope that we'll become besties again, but even the best of friends are sometimes separated.
Disneyland and I just do not agree on something, so we must separate from each other on principal. The love is still strong, but a girl has to stand up for her opinions and stomp her foot down from time to time.
When I got my annual pass for the first time back in March 2009, my mom bought it for me and it was $134. I went again a few months later and bought a pass for Gracie who was 3 years old. We paid for parking each trip and I think it was $12 per day. When I renewed my pass, I bought the parking pass too for $75. Gracie and I renewed annually and each time we did, the price went up up up! Parking went up each year too. The amount of days allowed in the park went down. We have only purchased the cheapest of the annual passes, The SoCal Select. This pass lets you in the park M-F, no weekends or holidays and other random days are blocked also. There are 170 days out of 365 that are valid with this pass. Fenna also bought this pass for $199 (and used it 6 times).
Now we are up for renewal again and this time, Libby is going to have to pay to get in too. She's three now. This means $199 for Gracie, $199 for Libby, $199 for me and $99 for parking. $700 for the three of us!
Sorry, Disneyland, but for $700 I cannot justify the damage to my credit card. If we go 10 times during the year, it comes to $70 per trip. That's not good enough. I might be easy to please, but I'm cheap.
Goodbye, Disneyland. I love you. We had some good times, 26 to be exact! But, we must bid farewell to you and your exuberant ticket prices. My husband has two jobs to pay for our fun and he just doesn't have time for a third.
Let's go to the zoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear that you and Disneyland have parted ways for a bit. Hope Libby & Gracie will understand.
ReplyDeleteCrazy how much it cost to get in there now. We were going to go for one day and it was over $1000 for 5 people and one night in a hotel. INSANE!
ReplyDelete