All of a sudden, it's November! Time flies when you're having fun. I was thinking, yay, November is sort of the calm before the storm on the activity calendar but then I thought harder and I realize that it's not.
In the 30 days of November, we've got some things tentatively planned already. For example: Fenna's belated birthday party, a baby shower, Seaworld, Veteran's Day, a couple of colorguard competitions, a field trip to Pretend City in Irvine, a couple of trips to Disneyland, Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, and keeping up with school.
I'm sure glad we aren't too busy! I just love seeing a few blank spots on the calendar. Ah, peaceful days ahead!
Have you heard of NaNoNoWriMo or something like that? It's short for November Novel Writing or some such big long phrase. I could google it, but so can you. Anyway, a ton of people dedicate all of November to fulfill a personal and/or professional challenge to write a novel in one month, in November. I've been encouraged to participate, but I can't help but think, when? I don't know how people do it! Write a whole entire book in November? I could maybe do it if I had a November to November time frame, maybe. My sister wrote a book in a previous NoNaNuWewhatever it is. I'm proud of her and think it's really great that she managed to do it! But I don't know how she found the time; I cannot imagine myslf finding that kind of time. Or brain power, really, where do people come up with the brain stamina, intelligence, and energy. Are you kidding me? I can't even read a whole novel in a month let alone write one. I've been reading The Grapes of Wrath for two months already and I think I finally hit the half-way point. Write a novel in November? Those are some amazing people, but I'm not even going to toy with the idea of becoming one of them. I will try to blog more though.
One really nice thing I'm excited about for November is that my husband is staying home for Thanksgiving. Yippee! He's disappointed but I'm certainly happy to keep him home for the holiday. He's the best cook! And, the holiday hasn't been very festive without him. The past few years he has taken the week of Thanksgiving and gone hunting in South Dakota.
Well, we have 29 days left of November. Let's get on with it!
I did NaNoWriMo 3 times successfully and now would like to merge two of my NaNo books together into one novel. But like you, don't have the time! Even without Kristin, I have tons of schoolwork to do. *Sigh* Someday!
ReplyDeleteAnd it stands for National Novel Writing Month :)
You have? Congratulations! It seems like an impossible feat; like I said, I would need a couple of Novembers (and all the time in between them).
ReplyDeleteRemember only 7 weeks before Christmas.
ReplyDelete