It's been 2 weeks since Henry was born. Seems like just the other day. He's so cute! I just love being his Grandma. I took the girls with me to San Diego to go see him last week and we just had a short visit. Really short, like 20 minutes. Luckily, Henry convinced his parents to come visit and spend the night so we could all get some good quality time together. Yay! Baby snuggles!
While we were in San Diego for our short visit, we also went to Sea World. Fun! I got us season passes so that we could go back several times. It'll be nice to have them and add another good excuse to go visit Henry.
I weaned Libby. It was hard at first, but it's a lot better now. She's been weaned for 3 weeks. She got the stomach flu and she was sick, so her dad told her it was because she was too big for boo-boo. Boy, she was no longer interested! That's all it took to motivate her. She doesn't like to puke. She asked him, "I'm too big? Am I three?" He said yes. I'm not sure he understood what she was asking. So, she decided it must be her birthday and she is three years old now. So be it. We celebrated her third birthday at almost 32 months old instead of 36 months old. Mere details. She is convinced now that she is three years old and will tell anyone who asks that indeed she is "Fwee Yeez Ode."
Since weaning, Libby has been eating a lot and trying new foods. She's been adventurous with eating which is great. She's really learning! She discovered a new sensation. I told her it's called "Hunger", time for food. She said, "Mom, why is my tummy making that noise?" Poor girl. I think she's allergic to dairy products though, because she is still having tummy issues and there's just no way she could have a stomach flu for 3 weeks now. Yuck. I just took dairy off her menu, we'll see if that helps.
Charlie is growing like crazy! He has a mouthful of teeth, just needs some chompers in the back. He's starting to eat table food now too. He can stand on his own, and doesn't seem like he's too far from walking. Although, I doubt he will ever walk. I predict that he will go straight to running and never slow down. He got his first haircut and left a big pile of hair on the floor of the salon. He is 9 months old now and the same size as his Aunt Libby.
Gracie is growing leaps and bounds too. I helped her get her shoes off after school one day and low and behold, she had a blister on her toe. I asked her if her shoes are too tight and she said she thinks so. They were a size 11 and I replaced them with some size 13s. Lordy! She's going to graduate from preschool in a week or so. Seems like we just started the program and she's all done now! I'm going to keep her in preschool for the summer just to make the transition to Kindergarten a little easier. A little structure is good for her.
My husband is out of school for the summer. Yay! I have a ton of things for him to do at home and he can't do them if he's always working. He will teach college classes, but at least he will be home during the day to work on his list. Poor guy thought he was going to get some vacation time - haha. No way, he's got husband duty!
We had our Disneyland outing this month. The girls wore their Jessie outfits without boots. They've both outgrown their cowgirl boots and I did go looking for more, but didn't find any in the stores. Guess they are a fall item, not a spring item. The wore Jessie the cowgirl costumes with pink sandals. Oh well, they were still very cute! And we had a wonderful time in Disneyland.
I think Libby has a milk allergy. Not my favorite kind of thought to have bouncing around in my head, but I can't seem to shake it. I will see if I can have her tested and find out for sure. Until then, I'm trying to justify my fears and I keep hoping I'm wrong. I mostly give her juice to drink. It seems that juice is frowned upon by the new social rules of parenting. Ugh, really? Lots of moms brag about how they do not give their kids juice like they are saving them from certain doom. I've heard some say it has no nutritional value and it's just empty calories. Nothing but colored sugar water. No, that's kool-aid and soda-pop! This is juice, it comes from fruit. Why is fruit good for kids and juice isn't? Makes no sense to me, so I just let people give me the stink-eye and I pour my kid another cup of juice.
We didn't get the house. I'm still bummed out about it. We were supposed to move in April or May. Sigh. But, it turns out that the family who lives there gets to keep their home. The dad was able to hang onto his job. I know, that is a very good thing! But, I'm disappointed that we didn't get to move into that incredible home. We're keeping our eyes out for something else, but I don't really have my hopes up that something will come along that we love as much. Good thing this house isn't a bad one; we do have a good place to live in a nice neighborhood and plenty of space for the whole family. That must be why finding a new house is so hard.
I'm making a quilt on my serger. It is turning out to be the worst quilt ever. Very crooked. I can't seem to get my corners lined up or very many of my lines straight. I cut the squares so perfectly and promptly sewed them into irregular trapazoids. Oh well, it'll just be my crooked quilt.
Gracie graduates soon. Her preschool class is supposed to wear orange to the graduation. Orange? There isn't anything orange in this house (except in the halloween box) and I didn't see anything orange in the store. I did find some wild orange and yellow fabric at Walmart, so I bought a couple of yards and some solid orange too. I'll have to make a graduation dress for her. I'm thinking I'll make the same pattern that I made for her Little Mermaid dress, but I can't remember which pattern I used for that one. I know I altered the pattern quite a bit. I might just grab a pattern out of my stash and get started. She will have an orange dress for graduation!
That should be about enough rambling for now. I keep thinking "I should blog about that!" and then I never get to the blog with my thoughts. I will try to be a better blogger over the summer, but the month of May is just too darn busy to sit down and have uninterrupted typing time. Even a few minutes is hard to come by. I should take my laptop and run away once in a while, but I'm afraid the poor thing couldn't handle very many outings. My laptop is in delicate condition because it's old and lived a tough life already.
Hitting the publish post button now....
I had to go look at your pictures to see his hair cut! Boy that boy had a lot of hair :)
ReplyDeleteLol, you repeat yourself a lot :) libby's milk allergy and gracie's graduation are totally in there twice. <3
ReplyDelete