Monday, April 4, 2011

Charlie, the Amazing Baby

My 7 month old grandson, Charlie is absolutely amazing!  He's pretty darn cute too!  Lately he has been growing by leaps and bounds. Every time I see him he looks bigger and can do more things.

We had to put up our baby gate on the stairs.  Seems early, but using a temporary laundry basket baracade wasn't doing the job.  And we had to babyproof the TV electronics.  He already found the joys of pushing buttons.

Charlie is 20 pounds now. He crawls too.  He was getting around just fine with scooting and wriggling and rolling, but he recently learned to do a real hands and knees crawl.  Or, I should say a hands and knees sprint. The kid is fast!  He crawls to things and pulls himself up to standing too.  Yup. Standing.  And if he is excited enough he will let go, stand for just a second or two on his own and then tip over.  I am shocked that he can do this since he seems pretty top heavy; he seems to defy the laws of physics. 

As his grandma, I just have to show you lots of pictures!  Here they are:

2 comments: