Saturday, December 22, 2012

Behind on Blogging

I'm behind with blogging! Actually, I am behind on everything right now. Christmas is coming whether I am ready or not, and this year, I am not.

We've been very very busy in December! I'll just give you a quick recap.

We went to Disneyland twice this month. It was tons of fun both times! We also went to see a play, Sea World and the Safari Park. We didn't go to Universal Studios like I wanted to, but that's ok. We have passes to Universal Studios and I wanted to go one more time to  make the tickets more worthwhile, but we didn't get there and they expire at the end of the month. Oh well, we had a ton of fun the day we went!

Gracie's schoolwork was hard to get done but we mucked through it and finished in the nick of time. She had a community service project due and this month's math topic was subraction. Ugh, that was hard. We'll have to keep working on it as we go to make it easier.

We've been out shopping a number of times, but it's hard to do when I have the kids along. So it takes me several trips to get a few things. I need one good shopping day without a crowd at the checkout, maybe tomorrow?

Keith and I planned a roadtrip. We are going to South Dakota to visit, go sledding, meet up with friends and family, and introduce the girls to the concept of winter. They'll love it! I hope the roads are good, we'll probably be gone for a week or so, we don't have a specific plan. School doesn't start up again until the 14th so we have plenty of time.

The girls saw Santa. Libby asked for a Nutcracker, a train and chocolate. Gracie asked for batteries. We're sure hoping Santa can accomodate both of them and their Chrismas wishes.

I baked a bunch of cookies and went to a Christmas party and cookie exchange. I think I gained ten pounds.

I've been sewing too. I made the girls some holiday dresses and they wore them to Disneyland. I also am in the process of making a dress for a friend's little girl, and I made one to mail to another friend's daughter. I have a big quilt for Gracie in the sewing machine right now and one waiting in the wings for Libby. There are two whole days until Christmas, I can do this, right?

I've been babysitting a lot lately too. Not getting paid, even better, doing the babysitting swap! I babysat Adam, Emily, Sabrina and Mallory last week and I had Henry for a couple of days the week before. Then, Lexie asked me to babysit Charlie for a bit and I was so worn out, I told her no! Poor girl waited her turn for some relief and then I turned her down. I topped that trick off with asking her to watch the girls while Keith and I went out to dinner one night. Good thing she loves me.

Lexie and I were asked to be on a reality show. We said, sure, why not. Keith's cousin was chosen to be a reality show contestant, maybe, and she asked us to be part of her family support team. If she gets on the show and has to call in her team to compete, then we'll be there for her. Hope they don't want us to eat bugs, bungee jump or sing in key, she'll lose the competition for sure!

Katie and Henry came up for  Gracie's Winter concert performance at school. The kids sang four winter songs: Let is snow, Winter Wonderland, Frosty the Snowman and Jingle Bells. It was a lot of fun and Gracie sang beautifully.

Gracie lost two teeth this month. Her top front teeth. She looks so cute with her new toothless grin!

Have a great Christmas everyone!  Glad we all survived the end of the world. 2013 is sure to be a good one!


2 comments:

  1. Does your road trip include a stop in Montana? Montana and South Dakota are practically neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a reality show?! I want to hear the details of that one.

    ReplyDelete