Thursday, March 29, 2012

Out Dang Spot! Out I say!

Inspired by Lady Macbeth, I got the spot out of my camera! Macbeth said an ocean wouldn't clean off that spot, luckily I didn't have to go to those lengths. But, I did get it out.

There has been an annoying spot, actually a couple of them, on every picture. No matter how many times I wiped off the lens, the spot wasn't going anywhere since it was inside my camera. And it appears in every photo! Not exactly enhancing the picture neither.

Here are some photos showing the spots that I've been annoyed by.



Sometimes it blends in with the photo; sometimes it makes my adorable little kids look like they are badly bruised.  It is too much of a pain to photoshop every picture! So, I've just left the dust spots.

Today, I thought, "I should google that". Ta Da! The solution popped right up and it was easy too!

I found the instructions here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Digital-Camera-Lens-with-a-Vacuum-Cleaner



I followed the instructions on the web site with the exception of carefully rolling the saran wrap to make a sausage roll on the end. I just wrinkled it up a bit and wrapped it around the hose and the lens and held it.  I let the vacuum suck on the camera lens and poof! Spots are gone!

Here's my test picture:



Thank you, Google! 

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing what information you can find on the internet. Glad that your kids aren't bruised any more.

    ReplyDelete