I think all hairdressers should be required to take an anatomy class. Basic anatomy, nothing overly complicated. I honestly think knowing the difference between shoulders and ears could be a valuable tool of their trade.
I went to get a haircut. Why do I torture myself? I should just let it grow and not worry about damaged ends, it would be less irritating than getting a haircut.
I said to the lady with the tri-color mohawk, "Shoulder length all the way around". I told her, "It is really important to me that I can pull my hair back into a pony tail, so no layers can be shorter than shoulder length." She acted like she totally understood. I pointed, she nodded, I hoped for the best.
My shoulders are apparently somewhere between my neck and the top of my head. Odd, I thought that's where my ears were. Who knows, these hairdressers don't seem to!
She gave me a cute wedge cut that is a little bit longer in the front. My daughter said it was an A line and stacked in the back. The hairdresser said my curls will make it seem shorter, but its just what I wanted. Hmmm. Really? I didn't want a Dorothy Hamel cut, I wanted a shoulder length all the way around cut!
I cannot pull it back into a pony tail now. I've tried, it's too short and the pony tail stump that I can get with about half my hair won't hold. I have hair hanging on my neck in the middle of a hot summer. This does not make me happy, but it does make me sweaty and itchy. My neighbor told me it was cute. I don't care if it's cute, its covering half my neck and it's hanging in my face. Grrrr!
Actually, it is kinda cute and I do like it. It could be worse, and it has been. Too bad it's the wrong time of year to have hair I can't pull back.
I'm so glad that I taught all of my children the different body parts. All of my girls knew nearly every part before they were even two years old. Neck. Shoulders. Ears. Chin. They could all teach hair school! I wish they would so I could get a decent haircut someday. Sigh. Next time, I'll let Gracie and Libby trim it. Of course, I have to wait several months because its so short it won't need a trim for ages.
Why do women like getting their hair done anyway?
Cute? Absolutely! Shoulder length? Not so much. It looks like you could pull the sides up and back into a clip or something? That would be cute and keep it out of your face. And it will grow. And it's cute! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL and when she said the "curls" make it look shorter did you want to smack her? It does look cute though. Maybe you could do several little pony tails all over ;)
ReplyDeleteWhere's the beautiful face that goes with the most definitely not shoulder length, but cute haircut? ;)
ReplyDeleteMy sentiments exactly! I got my hair cut the day before Mother's Day and I had said to my shoulders too. I'm just able to pull it back into a small pony, but I have to wear headbands to hold the rest in place. Very aggravating!! You look great Mary, even if they aren't aware of where your shoulders are!
ReplyDeleteheadbands! great idea! Thanks for mentioning that, Amanda. I'll run to Target tomorrow before I lose my mind.
ReplyDelete