I'm trying to build up my savings account of favors. I'll need to draw on it in May.
My daughter is having her first baby in May and I want to be available to help her as much as she wants me to. Or more! Her husband is deployed so he won't be there to wait on her every whim; I loved that part! I've had four babies and I know how it is, mama tires pretty easily and doesn't get much sleep. Mama needs food and a clean bathroom and the trash needs to get to the curb and the dishes pile up and someone needs to bring in the mail. Hopefully I can do a lot for my daughter without getting on her nerves too much. We'll see.
I know that I won't be able to bring my little girls to the hospital, or if I can, they'll be bored to death and that's just trouble in the making. I also know that a newborn does not need a couple of noisy little aunties showing off their latest "cool tricks", teaching the baby how to fly off the top of the couch, nor does a newborn need to listen to very loud toddler operettas. Because I know so darn much, I'm going to try to plan ahead and get some friends to babysit my little girls so that I can bring my daughter some help, not some chaos.
Lately, I've been babysitting for my friends and offering to do whatever I can for anyone who will return the babysitting favors in May. Hopefully I can bank enough babysitting time to be a good Grandma in a couple of months.
I would love to babysit Gracie and Libby for you. Logistics would be a problem though.
ReplyDeleteWell it's not much different than bringing home a new baby to 2 older siblings! Helps them learn to sleep through chaos lol
ReplyDelete